KARINCA-1048-6C provides high density scalable 10G packet brokering, providing network visibility, data access and optimization for network monitoring and security tools. The basic configuration provides an aggregation platform. Upgraded units support aggregation plus filtering and packet brokering, offering capabilities such as session-aware load balancing, header stripping, packet slicing and single pane management.
Key features of the system include:
• High Density 1U form factor for 54-port versions
• Ability to use all ports as input and output at the same time, doubling the port count to 108
• Optional dual redundant hot swappable power supplies (AC and DC)
• Per-port link status and activity LEDs
• Command line and web browser management interfaces. The web interface is user interface for fully configurable smart filtering, port mapping and improved monitoring flexibility
• Load Balancing by VLAN, MAC address (source and destination), IPv4 address (source and destination), IPv6 address
(source and destination), and layer 4 port (source and destination).
• Support for RADIUS and TACACS+ Accounting and Authorization servers
• SNMPv3 integrates with all major NMSs
• Media Conversion via SFP and SFP+ transceivers on both network input and monitor output ports
In addition to the above standard features, Feature Packs can be installed to add filtering and load balancing on a per-port basis. Each Feature Pack adds the advertised capabilities to a set of twelve (floating) ports.
See Installing a Feature Pack section for information about adding a Feature Pack.
KARINCA-1048-6C Chassis features
KARINCA-1048-6C is available as a 54-port model. This includes 48 ports of SFP28 ports supporting line speeds up to 25G bps, and 6 ports of QSFP28 ports supporting line speeds of 40G bps and 100G bps.
On the rear of the chassis is the USB management port:
• USB Type B – provides serial access to the command line interface.
On the front of the chassis are the management ports:
• MGMT – provides network access to the web and command line management interfaces.
• CONSOLE – provides serial access to the command line interface from a PC’s COM port.
On the front panel are the following LEDs:
• PWR – Indicates power supply status.
• FAN – Indicates fan status.
• SYS – Indicates system status.
• LOC – Flashes to locate unit.
Figure 1: Front view of the KARINCA-1048-6C(54 ports model shown)
At the rear of the chassis is a 110-240V 5A power socket. A second (customer optional) 110-240V 5A socket may also be present to provide protection against single-point power failures.
Figure 2: Rear view of the KARINCA-1048-6C
There is a (full size) USB port reserved for future use.
List of default settings for KARINCA-1048-6C.
Table 1: KARINCA-1048-6C default settings
|Console port connection||Baud Rate: 9600 bps|
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
|IPv4 settings||IPv4 address: 192.168.254.100|
DNS server: None
|IPv6 settings||IPv6 link local address: Automatic|
IPv6 address: None
IPv6 prefix length: None
IPv6 gateway: None
|Web management||HTTP Secure Server: Enabled|
HTTP Secure Server Port: 443
Web management Timeout: 1 minute for an incorrectly ended session (browser closed without logging out or a dropped connection)
|SNMP||SNMP Agent: Disabled|
Community strings: None configured
Permissions: Read only
Permissions: Read-write access to port settings. Read-only access to system-wide settings.
Permissions: Read-write access to all port and system-wide settings
|Idle timeout||15 minutes|
KARINCA-1048-6C can be managed from a web browser or from a command line interface (CLI). System management can be performed using a web browser, using a terminal client over SSH, or by a direct serial connection to a terminal or a PC running terminal emulator software.
The KARINCA-1048-6C system contains an integrated HTTP web agent that allows you to configure system settings in an intuitive, graphical user-interface using a web browser from any remotely connected computer. The system also contains a command line interface that lets you configure the system using KARINCA-1048-6C commands, either remotely or direct from a PC connected serially.
In addition to the web and CLI interfaces, KARINCA-1048-6Ccontains an SNMP agent that allows the system to be managed from SNMP stations, and SNMP hosts to receive notifications when alerts requiring administrator assistance occur.
Using the integrated management interfaces, you can:
• Display system information and port statistics.
• Configure the network interface.
• Administer local users.
• Change port settings and set up port maps.
• Add RADIUS/TACACS+ servers for centralized authentication and accounting.
• Add packet filters to maps.
• Set up load balancing groups (supported systems only).
• Update system firmware.
• Configure SNMPv1/v2c/v3 management stations and enable SNMP notifications.